All team sheets will have to be submitted via the new EH Game Management System so if you are not registered you cannot play.
Players Over 18
- Go to https://gms.englandhockey.co.uk and click ‘Register’
- Select ‘player’, add your details and select your club (get this right!)
- You’ll get a code sent so you can proceed
- Complete your full profile
- Wait for approval from your club
Players under 18 must be registered by a parent
- Go to https://gms.englandhockey.co.uk and ‘Register’
- Select ‘parent’, add your details, select your club (get this right!)
- You’ll get a code sent so you can proceed
- Complete your full profile including the details of your players
- Wait for approval from your club
(Note that when players are 18 full profiles can be created and transferred to player)
This EH registration requirement is in addition to registering with the club. Unlike our club registration u18s and u16s cannot register in their own name.
For more details please follow this link to the EH Game Management System page.
The requirement is part of the “Structure Fit for the Future”
As mentioned in the message to you on 21 July, the club is moving its website to Pitchero. The new site Old Loughtonians (oldloughts.co.uk) is still under construction but will go live in mid August.
From that date all communication with members will be through the new site, so we need everyone please to register as soon as possible so that you receive the messages about training, availability and selection. You can pay later but please register now if you want to train and play.
We have transferred brief details of all members to the Pitchero database.
One important difference between the way Clubbuzz holds member information and how Pitchero does this, is that the latter requires parents of under 14s to have their own record (sometimes called an “account”) on the database, as well as one for their youngster. It is the parent record which will contain the contact email address. Their record will then be linked to their children's records (where the email field will be blank). We have actually created some new parent accounts based on information held in Clubbuzz for this purpose.
Since Pitchero also does not allow one email address to be used for more than one member record, we have had to use the “parent master record linked to child record method” for some 14 to 18 year olds, where there was more than one sibling using the same parental email address on Clubbuzz.
Adults, Youth and senior Colts
- Your name, gender, date of birth and email address (in most cases) have been transferred to the Pitchero website.
- You will each receive an invitation directly from Pitchero to log in and register. Please check inbox and junk folders as your membership will not be finalised until you have logged in to confirm details. If you do not confirm your email address the club will not be able to contact you.
- We have attempted to set you up with the appropriate “role” (eg Player, Coach, Manager, Parent), but if you think this is wrong you can “apply” for additional roles.
- Fill in your registration details and please upload a photo if you are an officer, coach, captain or manager. This will be used on the contacts page Contact Old Loughtonians (oldloughts.co.uk)
- For parents of under 14s, we have aimed to link you to your offspring, but you can use the drop-down list to link others if we have missed any. Use the “Add new child” option where you have a new youngster wanting to join the club.
Pitchero Club App – all members
Once you are registered as a member please download the club Pitchero App Pitchero Club App - Download Now This is what will now be used by every team to manage selection, note availability and for squad communication generally.
Captains and managers will be using the Pitchero Manager App.
Junior members who are part of an adult squad are expected to have downloaded the club app and be responsible for notifying availability and accepting selection for club matches (parents will be copied in to all correspondence).
Pitchero uses a different payment system to Clubbuzz. All membership categories are described as “Products”. Harriet Chere (your membership secretary) has individually allocated the correct membership product to each existing member (for example Adult member or Colt member). Payments can be made using Stripe or GoCardless and can be made in one lump sum or in 8 monthly instalments. Products are either individual or family based and where applicable include the discounts for volunteer roles and umpiring. Please do not try to change the allocated product. If you think it is no longer the correct membership category for you please contact Harriet (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or John in the office (OLHC@oldloughtonians.co.uk). Fees as before are payable with effect from 1 September and “ no pay, no play” as always.
When the new site is live you will be able to see the membership details on this webpage. Membership in Brief (oldloughts.co.uk)
A lot of time has been spent trying to get everything in place ahead of the new season. Please have a look at all of the Information pages (what used to be called “About the Club”) and the Team pages and the Contacts and Gallery and let us know if you have any suggestions or would like to volunteer for any role in the club. Please familiarise yourself with the messages page on the app which will be your contact with your captain, coach and manager for the season.
We are planning to hold this year's annual general meeting ("AGM") on Sunday 26 September 2021 at 3.00pm We hope the meeting will be at the clubhouse, but it may have to be by zoom. The notice of the meeting and the form of proxy are on the new website.
Over the last two months our men's and ladies summer league teams have been competing in the highly succesful Big Blue and in the Lea Valley summer league for first teams.
Congratulations to our men's team which won all eight of its matches at Lea Valley and was presented with the trophy last night after winning the final match. Well done to all of the players who took part.
England Hockey has received over 120 expressions of interest from clubs across the country who would like to be accredited as Talent Centres as part of the new England Hockey Talent Development Strategy https://www.englandhockey.co.uk/play/future-talent-strategy
This is four times the number of places available in year one.
We are therefore delighted to be able to report that Old Loughtonians Hockey Club has been offered and has accepted a place in the first accreditation window which opens in September this year.
A committee of coaches and other volunteers started work earlier this year to prepare for accreditation and the club is well placed to be able to demonstrate that it meets the accreditation requirements. The club already has Clubmark status and can also already show how it shares the EH vision both for Talent Centres and Talent Academies.
There is of course more work to do but it is a great credit to everyone working directly with players and behind the scenes at the club that we have been selected in the first wave of clubs.
Hockey Headlines - We're Back
It’s Starting to Feel Like a Hockey Season .
After a plethora of games, some intra club, we have a very full schedule at Lought’s on Saturday 17th , currently with 7 Games followed by games on Sunday as well .
Long awaited return to training has started this week, with games coming up and mini’s starting on Saturday there’s lots going on …
Old Loughtonians Hockey Club are delighted to announce the return of the Lought’s Camps for
Tuesday 6th to Friday 9th April 9:30 – 1pm
- Chairman’s New Year Message
- New Year’s Day Training – whatever next ?
- Fantastic work from our Equalities Team, Red January and Strava Club
We’re Back! – Last Weekends results and roundups
Update to our listed England Players
Rainbow Laces Arrive
Important Information on EH Regional Changes from Peter Kempe